Poonum from Bekerley - USA
It was my first time taking private dance lessons, and it was a great first-time experience. First and foremost, he was a fantastic teacher in making sure I felt comfortable and at ease (even though I kept telling him how I had two left feet). He continually gave positive feedback and helped build my confidence with the techniques he taught. His style of teaching allowed me to worry less about each step, and try to enjoy the actual dance. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who wants to get a private lesson.
Celine & Thierry from Amsterdam - Holland
Zaida´s Family from Riverside - USA
Hanne from Oslo, Norway
Jenny and Nicola from Muttenz, Switzerland
To go to Buenos Aires without witnessing tango would be a true tragedy, but for those that are more into hands-on experiences, this is the way to go. After mulling over group lessons, my wife and I decided to go with private lessons after finding reviews for Tango Piola. We took lessons with Cristian for 2 weeks, and it was easily one of the best times we had in town!
Doug and Akemi from Tokyo, Japan
- Don't speak Spanish? No problem! He can do lessons in English and I think French, and most of the time it's more lead by example than anything. Still, it's reassuring getting an explanation in a language you understand, and helps with communication. Speaking of which...
- He's really prompt with responses and will work with your schedule. Very businesslike--you can tell that he not only enjoys his work, but also takes it seriously.
- He's good at taking things at your pace, no matter how fast or slow that may be. His lessons are tailor made for you, and he makes sure you understand something before you go on to the next thing. This can be an advantage over group lessons, where you have to go at everyone else's place, which will more than likely be slower/take longer.
- Think group lessons will be cheaper? Well, not much, at least for couples. I priced it out, and given the discounts Cristian offers for a free 5th lesson, it turns out being roughly comparable price-wise. If you have a t-card (tourist card for riding some tourist bus around town) it's even cheaper.
- He's just easy to get along with, an enjoyable person. It makes the classes fun, including those 5 minutes before or after. He gave us a few very helpful recommendations for things around town, both tango-related and not. For those without a local contact, this can be more helpful than you think.
Nicolas & Tioka from París - France
Also, the school is conveniently located. We loved going for a late breakfast at a nice, cafe nearby after our lessons.